Dear friends and customers of McCaddon Buick GMC:
We wanted to connect with all of you to give you some idea of what we are doing in response to the difficulties surrounding the Corona virus outbreak. Our first priority is to ensure the health and safety of our employees, our customers, and our vendors. For the last couple weeks we have engaged our staff to:
- Disinfect all high touch surfaces, several times a day. (Phones, tables, counters, railings, door knobs, keyboards etc
- We have removed magazines and all complimentary food trays as well as other multi-touch but unnecessary items.
- We’ve encouraged “social distancing” internally with our staff, as well as with each visitor and vendor that enters our dealership.
- We’ve provided hand sanitizers for everyone’s use and asked our employees to wash their hands multiple times every day.
- Where appropriate we will wear latex gloves and replace them after every application.
- Most important: we have a firm policy that our employees stay home with the first sign of a cold or flu-like illness. Managers will monitor those individuals to ensure a safe return to work.
We are also doing all that we can to make it easy and safe for you to continue to do business here at McCaddon’s during this crisis. We will come to you for needed services when the circumstances allow. With good communication we can arrange for the sale of a new or used vehicle, or the pick-up & return of a service vehicle -- to minimize the concern and risk to you, our customer. McCaddon CONCIERGE SERVICE is in place to help you continue to utilize our people, our services and our products during the COVID-19 anxiety. We’ve empowered our staff to do paperwork by mail and deliver vehicles to our customers who do not feel comfortable coming in person, even though we are doing everything we can to ensure the safest environment to purchase and service your automobile.
Yesterday, Governor Polis designated “Auto Repair and Supply” as critical services necessary and therefore exempted auto dealerships from the “50%” workforce reduction mandate. Starting today, McCaddon will work towards the idea of reducing staff at or below 50% in our sales and leasing departments, with our clerical staff and with other hourly personnel. We will also reduce hours and eliminate any unproductive time spent in in our service and parts departments - whenever the flow of business allows. Bottom Line: We’ll be here to service your vehicles and keep your mobility in place during this difficult time.
Given our staff reductions, we’d ask that you call/text or email us and make an appointment for anything you might need as we will be short staffed and will need planning and coordination internally to meet your needs in a timely manner. We’re doing our best to keep your vehicle safely on the road, and also minimize exposure to our staff, and to you and your family.
Thank you for your past loyalty to McCaddon. We have focused all our efforts towards the safety and well-being of our valuable employees and anyone who visits our establishment, while still offering a sensible way to continue to provide sales and service to our customers. We will continue to monitor the situation daily on both the local and national level and make adjustments whenever necessary.
Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone currently affected by the virus.
McCaddon Buick GMC